Black Sesame Milk Drink - a Milksha Copycat! - Chik's Crib

01 November 2020

Black Sesame Milk Drink - a Milksha Copycat!

Near my workplace, Milksha opened to great fanfare, but I could say for certain that one was as excited as I was. Their Taro Milk earned its place in my heart, with its combination of taro purée and chunky taro pieces.  Recently, a friend had recommended their excellent Black Sesame Milk. Not everybody is a fan of black sesame, but I enjoy its nutty fragrance. 

Several months later, as my confidence with the Joyoung machine grew, I had an abundance of black sesame cream (several batches actually) hanging around the fridge. On a whim, I added milk to one of them, and the results bears a remarkable similarity to the ones sold at Milksha. 

I’m still trying to suss out a way of recreating their Taro Milk, but meanwhile, I have this black sesame milk to tide me over until that day comes. 


Black Sesame Cream 
INGREDIENTS 
150g sesame 
900g water
No need sieve
80g sugar
1/8 tsp salt

STEPS
1. Add black sesame and water into the Joyoung machine. 
2. Cook using setting #2 (干/湿豆)
3. When the machine is done, transfer mixture to a pot without sieving. Add sugar and salt. Refrigerate until completely chilled
4. When ready to serve, mix with milk in one to one ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment