Coco Lounge - Chik's Crib

25 March 2015

Coco Lounge

I used to have Reverse Sour Grapes Syndrome concerning restaurants. The further they are from me, the more I appreciate their food. After all, if I'm travelling so far for it, it must be good. There's an authentic dim sum restaurant just 5 minutes drive away from my place, but I rarely go there because, "Hey, I can go anytime..." . But with time, laziness descends upon us all, and I'm starting to take a new-found appreciation to restaurants closer to home.  

Coco Lounge is one place that I'm starting to wonder why I didn't visit more often. It seems perpetually open, whether you want brunch, dinner or desserts, and it's one of those restaurants that is at least half-filled at any given time. We had brunch there a few months back, and their popularity is indeed well-deserved. 

We grabbed a table outside to enjoy the last vestiges of summer, and the table next to us just got their food. I didn't know what drinks they ordered, but with one look, I told our server that I'll have whatever they were having. 

Mocha.


We ordered a sharing platter of Devilled Chicken Ribs ($10.90), which was mighty tasty. 
We also had the Soft Shell Crab Sliders ($13.90), which I didn't really get to taste because I was a little preoccupied with my food, which came around at the same time.




R had the Salmon Fillet ($29.50), which looked (and tasted) gorgeous. I didn't ask for a bite, but she said the salmon was fresh, which is the hallmark of a good kitchen. 


I had their Signature Wagyu Beef Burger ($24.90), which was pretty decent, but not fantastic. The fries that came with the burger could have used a couple more minutes in the fryer, though the Home Made Chips ($8.90) that we ordered were much better. Maybe they were different batches? 



We left the restaurant full and satisfied. On the drive back home, with the post-meal food coma coming on, was I ever glad we chose somewhere close. 

EDIT:
2015: Coco Lounge has recently revamped its menu. Their new Smashed Avo ($16.90) is delicious, filling and terribly photogenic. 

I snapped a picture of my cappuccino, and the Iced Coffee and Mocha that we had gotten. Speaking for myself, the cap was excellent. 

Coco Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment