Muah Chee Recipe - Chik's Crib

29 January 2016

Muah Chee Recipe

I'm surprised how well this recipe turned out. I had a recent spate of bad luck with recipes taken from casual baking blogs: two recipes which I googled for and baked on a whim (green tea tuiles and milo lava cakes) were downright unappetizing, despite the bloggers' convictions on how delicious their adaptations are. 

Or maybe it's because I messed up their recipes somehow? Anyway, I didn't have high hopes for this one, but my success with this recipe restored my confidence again. The steps are so simple, it's foolproof. 

I would know...


Muah Chee Recipe

Serves 2. 
Dough Recipe taken from Twice as Delicious

Ingredients 
Dough: 
60g glutinous rice flour
90ml water
1 tbsp cooking oil

Topping:
1/2 cup (75g) coarsely grounded peanuts
2 1/2 tbsp sugar

Steps

1) Mix the coarsely grounded peanuts with sugar in a large bowl. Set aside. 
2) In another bowl, combine the glutinous rice flourwater and cooking oil until they form a watery mixture with no visible lumps.
3) Place a frying pan over low heat, and add a bit of cooking oil to coat the surface. Pour in the dough mixture, stirring as you go. The dough turns stickier and less opaque as it cooks. Continue cooking (about 20s) until the dough is uniform in color. Remove from heat and let the dough cool for a bit. 
4) Place the dough in the bowl with the peanut-sugar mix. Using a pair of scissors, cut the dough into small pieces, and coat them with the peanut-sugar as you go along. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment