Geometry Cafe - Chik's Crib

21 June 2017

Geometry Cafe

I think I found my new go-to ice cream parlour in Singapore. At $3.20 a scoop, prices are reasonably low enough that I can grab my gelato fix every so often.

I chanced by Geometry Cafe with a friend just under a month ago, and I haven't been able to shut up about it since. Something about the cafe makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Is it the friendly store assistants behind the counter? They deserve a raise! (And mad skills for keeping the two scoops of ice cream and the mass of spun-sugar perfectly straight on a hot tart base.)
The gelato here is some of the best I've had. Their Earl Grey Tie Guan Yin gelato is inspired. It is a subtle blend of both teas that balanced each other out delicately. Each bite was a piece of work. On my second visit with Miss XS, I was so fixated on ordering that again, I didn't even want to sample any of their other flavours. And it was every bit as good as I remembered. 

Miss XS chose the Pistachio, which was heavily flavoured. The flavour-per-calorie is off-the-charts. The chunks of pistachio nuts in the gelato provided a nice touch of contrasting texture. 

We ordered both scoops on top of a French tart, which came with a whimsical spun-sugar on the top. The tart crust was perfectly crisp, and I thoroughly enjoyed the almond filling within. Miss XS thought it was a little on the sweet side and didn't think it went all that well with the gelato. Still, it was a great dessert option. We'll be back, and hungry for more. 

Geometry Cafe
2 Jalan Bukit Merah, Block 2, Singapore 150002

No comments:

Post a Comment