Brothers "Xiong Di" Rojak (449 Coffeeshop - Clementi) - Chik's Crib

14 July 2017

Brothers "Xiong Di" Rojak (449 Coffeeshop - Clementi)

What a great find! I must have walked by this coffee-shop a dozen times without noticing this acclaimed rojak stall, until I finally came by around lunch time, and stared at the snaking queue from its stall-front. And stared. And stared. We joined the line, but 10 minutes passed and we literally did not get to move an inch forward - is everybody buying in bulk since they are already queuing up? We didn't manage to try, but I knew then that I needed to come back. 

When I did finally returned during off-peak hours, it was pleasant to find that there's only two people ahead of me. In no time at all, I found myself face-to-face with the stall owner, who may just be the most cheerful man I've met. Those internet commenters speak the truth! I took my rojak to go, and he thoughtfully separated the dry ingredients from the rojak sauce to ensure the dry ingredients don't get soggy. The youtiao and tau pok were delightfully crisp, and the uncle ain't stingy with the rojak sauce. 

It's heartening to see that they are so popular with the local crowd, and we definitely will be back - but during off-peak hours, thank you. 

Brothers "Xiong Di" Rojak 
435 Clementi Ave 3, Singapore

Rojak ranges from $3.50-$9.50, and a century egg add-on is available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment