ENAQ The Prata Shop - Chik's Crib

30 December 2017

ENAQ The Prata Shop

Finally, a prata shop in the West worth traveling for!
Situated besides Ghim Moh Market, ENAQ The Prata Shop opened its doors just this year. We got clued in by Miss XS's friend into this place, and the first time I came, I was so impressed that I returned within the same week. Most pratas are on the soggy side, but not these babies here: the prata is made fresh to order, with a blistered crispy surface that belies a softer, fluffy interior. I ordered a plain and a plaster prata. The curry is decidedly non-spicy, but still rich and satisfying. I enjoyed how thick the pratas are, but Miss XS did comment that they were really filling, and perhaps too chewy inside. She could only manage about 3/4 through her plaster prata, but that only means more for me. Ha!

ENAQ reminded me of the now-defunct Ah Mei Cafe. Both are prata shops that are run by Chinese (I did a double-take when I walked through the doors here), and both serve really good crisp pratas. Maybe it's because the Chinese owners know what texture Singaporean Chinese are looking for? 

Another point in ENAQ's favour: the service is prompt and efficient. Orders - requests for more curry - were promptly served asap.  

Address
21 Ghim Moh Rd, Singapore 270021

Opening hours
9am to 8pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment