Roast Potatoes Recipe (Serious Eats) - Chik's Crib

02 October 2026

Roast Potatoes Recipe (Serious Eats)

 

I may catch some flake for saying this, but I love my air fryers. 


It’s essentially an amped up convection oven, relying on the same principles of circulating hot air through food to mimic deep frying. But, and it's a big but, it does such a good job of toasting up food, it's taking quite a lot of jobs from both my conventional oven and my toaster. The circulating air does a remarkable job at rejuvenating baked goods, from regular slices of bread to flakey pastries. It also toasts nuts better, faster and more evenly. 


It makes real crispy roast potatoes too, crisper ones than from an oven, as I just found out. 


Out of all the recipes for roasted potatoes, this one by Kenji is by far the best that we had came across. Like most of my favourite recipes, this one uses kitchen staples (you probably have all the ingredients on hand) to create an extraordinary dish. Months after I first roasted these, my family were still talking about it. (Listen, in my family, if the food I made isn't nice, no one touches it.)  


10/10 for taste and texture, and no notes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment