David Lebovitz's Roasted Banana Ice Cream - Chik's Crib

22 August 2026

David Lebovitz's Roasted Banana Ice Cream


We found a spot of perfect sunlight on my countertop for photography one day after we made Japanese milk puddings. The setting sun had bathed the puddings in such a warm glow, I wanted to see how the scene would look with this ice cream I’d just made. I liked this photo a lot too, as it turned out.


No one's more pleased than I was to find a copy of David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop (Revised) in a nearby library. I checked it out immediately. Am I a fan? I'm a huge one. I think over the course of a few years, I'd probably read every entry of his blog dating back to the early 2000s. It actually may have been a bit of a parasocial relationship, is what I'm saying. 


I promise I'm a well-adjusted adult. Mostly. 


I have a close friend who recently bought an ice cream machine (join the club!)  and was looking around for good recipes. It was a no-brainer to direct him straight to David's books, and to his blog that in so many ways, had been my introduction to the culinary world.


No comments:

Post a Comment