A Wood in my Garden (No it's not an euphemism) - Chik's Crib

25 November 2014

A Wood in my Garden (No it's not an euphemism)

My dad has a bad habit of sprinkling fruit seeds into our garden. Years later, I'm the person elected to cut them all down. Having more free time than wisdom, I offered to turn a recent one into a bench over the June holidays.



It took me a few days to get to this point. (Who would have thought that cutting down a tree is surprisingly hard when all I have is a blunt butcher knife and a saw meant for cutting fruits off branches. And more importantly, when will I ever learn?) 

Here it is drying out in the sun 


After a friend and I sandpapered and lacquered it a few times over

And the finished (albeit amateurish) product:



Update!: The bench didn't last long:/

No comments:

Post a Comment