YOMG Burgers - Chik's Crib

09 October 2015

YOMG Burgers

"Are you alright?" One of my friends leaned over. "You look like you're in a lot of pain." 

I was 3/4 of my way through YOMG's The Creeper ($18.50 - below): a triple beef patty, triple bacon and quadruple american cheddar burger from their Limited menu. I think my stomach is at full capacity. There's nothing wrong with the burger. Au contraire. The problem exists between the burger and the chair. I was just too full to continue. The meat patties were juicy and fragrant. The Sriracha sauce was unbelievably good. The cheese and bacon made every bite rich and decadent. But there's only so many space in my stomach.   
I came in with a decision to have a burger, fries, some wings, and a fro-yo for desserts. But then, I saw their limited edition menu and my plans just fell by the wayside. Who knows how long they'll keep this menu around for? And I wouldn't want to miss out. 
Here it is doing an impression of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. What a poser.

I drew a graph.  
Still, I'm nothing if not determined to try as many dishes as I can. Between the five of us, we got two orders of chicken wings. My friend ordered the Sticky Peanut Butter Chicken Wings ($10) with her reasonably-sized Kingsway burger ($13). The Sticky Peanut Butter Chicken wings were alright, but I was expecting crispier skin. I didn't try the Kingsway, but it seems to be really popular on Zomato. Besides, I had my own to contend with...  
We also put in a late order for Sticky Tennessee BBQ Bourbon Wings ($10). Everyone who tried it made a face and commented that it was really weird. I didn't get around to tasting this because I was busy wrestling my burger, but the reaction around the table was disappointment.
I did try their American Fries ($6). They put the American spin on it; aka, fries under an obscene amount of cheese, mustard and ketchup. With bacon. It was a good idea, and sounded sinfully delicious. But nobody likes soggy fries, which was what happened to our order under all that sauce. The middle portions tasted like mashed potato. I picked off the crispier fries at the edge of the box, and gave the rest up as a bad job. Put the sauce in a separate compartment next time, please. 
N had her usual favourite: the 12th Hour ($12), a slow-cooked pulled pork burger. 
On a former visit, I came with another group of friends at 7pm on a Friday night, and the place was packed. We couldn't get a table for dinner, although we came back for their fro-yos afterwards. I tried several of their flavours, and I really loved the floral scent of their Pear and Lavender flavour, and the savoury taste of their Peanut Butter, which would taste so good with salted peanuts. 
I spied their take-away containers of frozen yogurt on the way out. Next time I'll head straight for those, and bring a pint back home.

Must-Try:
The Creeper! (Share it, please. For the love of your tummy)
Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
Pear and Lavender Frozen Yogurt


The Menu


********************************************************


YOMG - Yo My Goodness Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment