W39 Bistro and Bakery (West Coast) - Chik's Crib

27 December 2015

W39 Bistro and Bakery (West Coast)

W39 Bistro was something Miss XS mentioned to me a few years ago, but other than one ill-fated attempt to visit at 11pm, was something that slipped from our collective minds. 
I'm not sure what was going through my mind when we set off that night; I had a vague notion that I wanted a slice of cake, and it sounded like the sort of place that'll open till the late hours, so off we went. 

Luckily, a few birthdays later, I became much wiser, and paid them a visit with a couple of friends at a more reasonable time. I've heard some mixed reviews about their handmade Wagyu Burger ($22), but I took a chance on it. It paid off, with crispy fries that all of us just couldn't keep away from, and a succulent juicy patty cooked to medium with melted cheese. The mustard sauce on the burger was a good thought, but it was a little plain and didn't add much to the taste. Maybe try a different brand? I did wish that the fries are a little hotter; they were a little cold, but still crispy though.

While waiting for my burger to arrive, I had the Passionfruit Soda ($5.50). It was raved about online. I love its tiered appearance, and it was cold and intensely refreshing, helped in part by the infusion of mint leaves. It was pleasantly sweet. I was expecting a little more tartness from the passionfruit, which would nicely balance the sweetness. 
One of my lunch companions ordered the Homemade Soup of the day ($6.50), which was pumpkin soup. I took a spoonful, and it was rich and flavourful. I never liked pumpkin soup much, and this was the first that I enjoyed. 
Picture by R
R had the Confit of Duck Leg ($24), which she raved as being very tender and tasty. It was served with homemade mashed potato. 
Pretty decent brunch/lunch location. And has a friendly but elusive cat that allows you to pet it - if you can coax it from under its umbrella. Worth another visit. 

W39 Bistro and Bakery
Address: 39 Jalan Mas Puteh, 128637
Website: W39 Bistro and Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment