Paradise Dynasty (Vivocity) - Chik's Crib

17 February 2016

Paradise Dynasty (Vivocity)

Paradise Dynasty is famed for their colourful Xiao Long Baos and La Mians. We went to Paradise Dynasty a couple of weeks back to sooth our Chinese food cravings. We got what we wanted; a hot, hearty, filling dinner.

The Yang Zhou Fried Rice is just the best, Miss XS assured. She loved it so much, she's been to this branch at least a dozen times this year alone. It tasted pretty decent, with a hint of wok hei. I think I like the fried rice from my favourite store more, but Miss XS told me I'm crazy.  

Another recommendation was Fried Rice with Preserved Vegetables and Prawns.  Miss XS likes it with their chilli sauce mixed in for an extra kick. (4.2/5) Would definitely have it again the next time.
The Original Xiao Long Baos are as good as I ever had, with ample warm broth inside each one. (Miss XS: Their Xiao long bao never fails to impress me. It is everything you would want in a xlb. Thin, delicate skin holding juicy flavourful meat within and most importantly, soup ++.  Best to bite a small hole in the skin and slowly devour the soup before putting it into your mouth to avoid scalding. Their xlbs are my favourite around compared to Ding Tai Fung or Crystal Jade. They are popular for their colorful xlbs which is a nice twist to the original flavours. I particularly like their truffle and crab roe flavoured ones.)
We also ordered the Chili Pork Dumplings. It tasted decent, but not something that I crave so much for that it keeps me up at night. Maybe add some peanut butter? (I'm totally not kidding. It has been done with great success


Their Sheng Jian Bao were pretty average. I bit into the bun; the meat was juicy but there was no broth.


A surprisingly delicious find is the 煮牛肉面. It's spicy, very very spicy. I could only eat a small bowlful, but damn, that's some delicious broth. Speaking as someone who cannot take spicy for nuts, this is intensely flavourful. Worth the burn. 

Miss XS also recommends their dry zha jiang mien, which she says is the best she has found, hands-down. It's served with a generous amount of minced pork, we usually finish the noodles before the meat.

The 鲜肉卷拉面 is delightful too, with a clear but flavourful broth and chewy noodles. Bonus points for the runny egg yolk. 

We also enjoyed Gong Bao Ji Ding: Juicy tender chicken stir fried with cashew nuts and onions in spicy sauce. I imagine that it'll be delicious paired with a bowl of rice.

The Deep Fried Pork with Mayonnaise was so sinful yet so good. The deep fried pork was crispy on the outside and retained juiciness and tenderness. Good to try, if you are eating in a group.

Information
Paradise Dynasty
1 Harbourfront Walk, #03-08A, Singapore 098585 (Harbourfront MRT), Tel: +65 6376 8103 

Other branches: Ion Orchard (no reservations), Westgate (+65 64659271), Causeway Point (+65 68946322), Lot One (+65 67662380)

No comments:

Post a Comment