The Rotisserie (Telok Ayer) - Chik's Crib

03 February 2016

The Rotisserie (Telok Ayer)

The Rotisserie is highly popular with the office crowd, and not just with Singaporeans. I see expats virtually on every other chair, and I feel like I'm back in Melbourne all over again. I'm really excited to eat here, because my sister hyped it up so much. We got a table with some difficulty and got two orders of Half a Chicken ($19), which came with a side.  
Top: A combination of potato salad/coleslaw. Bottom: Fries. 

The holes by the side of the chicken looks a little off-putting, but we gave it a pass. My enthusiasm dampened a little when I saw the dish. I was expecting freshly spit-roasted chicken with crackly, salty skin, and not a soggy chicken drowned in mashed potato sauce. My chicken tastes a little mushy, like it's been sitting around all day after it's been roasted. 

The Verdict:

Fries were fresh and crispy. But the chicken is quite bad: they remind me of the food served beside petrol stations in Europe.  

1 comment: