The Rotisserie (Telok Ayer) - Chik's Crib

03 February 2016

The Rotisserie (Telok Ayer)

The Rotisserie is highly popular with the office crowd, and not just with Singaporeans. I see expats virtually on every other chair, and I feel like I'm back in Melbourne all over again. I'm really excited to eat here, because my sister hyped it up so much. We got a table with some difficulty and got two orders of Half a Chicken ($19), which came with a side.  
Top: A combination of potato salad/coleslaw. Bottom: Fries. 

The holes by the side of the chicken looks a little off-putting, but we gave it a pass. My enthusiasm dampened a little when I saw the dish. I was expecting freshly spit-roasted chicken with crackly, salty skin, and not a soggy chicken drowned in mashed potato sauce. My chicken tastes a little mushy, like it's been sitting around all day after it's been roasted. 

The Verdict:

Fries were fresh and crispy. But the chicken is quite bad: they remind me of the food served beside petrol stations in Europe.  

2 comments:

  1. You aren't wrong about the chicken .

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried any super nice korean food in telok ayer? been looking at some list but not sure which to go for with my limited time here in Singapore

    ReplyDelete