Affogato Recipe - Chik's Crib

17 February 2015

Affogato Recipe

It's been two days since my friend introduced me to the delight that is Frangelico, and my life has changed with this so-easy-to-make-it's-almost-cheating Italian dessert. A splash of Frangelico liquor brought this up to another level, and made it one of the most delicious dessert I had. 

When we got to the bottom of the cup, I felt pangs of anxiety that it was all gone. Then I looked around at the tub of ice cream, liquor, coffee, and realised that we could do this all day. 

Which we did. Don't judge, you'll do too. 






Affogato Recipe
There's no fixed proportion to the ingredients. Because everybody differs in how strongly they like the proportion of liquor, so taste and adjust as needed. 

Ingredients (per cup)
1 shot of Espresso
Generous scoop of Vanilla Ice cream
Frangelico, to taste (optional, but oh my god a splash brings the dessert to a whole new level)

Steps
Scoop the vanilla ice cream into a glass, and refreeze the entire cup.

Make espresso (or a strong coffee), and let it cool slightly. 

When ready to serve, pour the coffee into the glass, and add Frangelico liquor and serve with a spoon.   



Photos courtesy of R Wang

1 comment: