Peperoni Pizzeria - Chik's Crib

29 July 2015

Peperoni Pizzeria

Sigh. Peperoni pizza. Why you so hip? I used to really love pizza, but over the years, I've become disillusioned from too many mediocre experiences from the countless pizza delivery places I've had. The only one that gets me mildly excited is Domino's Pizza, but that's more to do with nostalgia for my army days. My favourite order from Domino's is actually their molten lava chocolate cakes, which is pretty darn impressive. Even though Miss XS assures me that she thinks this recipe has Domino's beat, I'm not so sure about that, and I searched in vain high and low for a molten cake recipe that holds a crust as crisp as the ones that Domino's churn out.

But I've mostly given up on pizza until Peperoni came along. And when I heard about it a year back, I knew that I just had to try. I mean, pizzas the size of a table. What sorcery is this?

I frittered my December holiday time away, and before I knew it, it was time for me to fly back to Melbourne for another new semester and still we hadn't gone. Well, I'm not making that mistake again. When the winter holidays came round this June, a much-wiser me took a hold of everybody and dragged them to Peperoni before the holidays pass by me.
We reached around half past nine to avoid the dinner crowd, which was a good call hearing how crowded the restaurant can get close to dinner hours. We were pretty full from having dinner just a couple of hours ago, but we didn't come all the way here just for a small pizza.
We had the XXL (21" - $55), which came with a choice of two toppings. The Pancetta (cured bacon, sliced tomatoes and eggs) was interesting, and definitely a great choice. We also had the Hawaiian, which was a solid as well.
The Pancetta (left), and Hawaiian (right)
Can you hear my heart palpitating?
The Verdict
Good wood-fired pizzas and faultless service. The only pet peeve was a small coke that we got along with the pizza, which they priced at $5... Nothing much in the grand scheme of things, but something that caused a few raised eyebrows at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment