Afghan Charcoal Kebabs - Chik's Crib

11 November 2015

Afghan Charcoal Kebabs

After a delicious meal at Persian Flavours, I couldn't get my cravings for grilled spiced chicken out of my head. I was busy with school for a few weeks, but luckily, the Dandenong area is a Middle Eastern area packed with restaurants. A quick Google search later, and I located Afghan Charcoal Kebabs just a few minutes drive away. My friend and I had a rare occasion where our schedules coincided one day, and we hopped on over to the restaurant to scout out some charcoal grilled meat. 
It was a pretty nondescript restaurant from the exterior, but the smell of grilled chicken greeted us as we walked into the restaurant. Lo and behold, there was a mountain of chicken waiting at the counter.   
I think chickens are my favourite animal. 
Because the kebabs also look delicious, we ordered the mix set ($15) consisting of chicken, and lamb. The chicken was marvelously marinated and grilled, and my personal favourite out of the three. The kebabs came with a side of salad and an over abundance of bread, which went well with the meat. I couldn't identify the different sauces but the mint(?) dip was pretty good. 



Because there were only the two of us, we hesitated for a bit before taking the plunge and ordering a full grilled chicken ($17). The charcoal chicken skin was nice and salty, but the meat wasn't as flavourful as the ones in Persian Flavours. 
The next time I eat here, I'll probably opt for takeaway, as takeaway prices were significantly cheaper. 

Update:
Because the pile of chicken sits there for quite a while, the quality can differ quite dramatically with each visit. The chicken was pretty dry on my last visit, and I don't think any of my friends was eager to return anytime soon. 

Click to add a blog post for Afghan Charcoal Kebab on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment