Meat in the Middle - Chik's Crib

17 November 2015

Meat in the Middle

If you happen to be a goat or a chicken, Meat in the Middle must be what hell looks like. And what are you doing on the internet, you. Go chew on some more grass. 

If you're a human who love meat as much as I do though, it's pretty much heaven. I've been here twice, both times with a full-on meat craving, and I left completely stuffed and satisfied. You'll love it here. I promise. (Caveat: Unless you are a vegetarian; in which case, I'll refer you to the first paragraph.)  

The dish with the most bang for your buck is the Battle of Troy ($30 - see above), an open platter of a mountain of chicken and lamb that had been roasted over a fire, served with delicious soft pita bread and a pile of hot, freshly salted fries. The lamb is not at all gamey like we feared, and wondrously marinated. They say that this is ideal for two, but the pile of meat is so huge that R, J and I split it three ways for an early dinner, and we were struggling to finish all the fries. Comfort food doesn't get much better than this. 
Doesn't look like much, but it's actually a ginormous pile for three.
On my first visit, I had the Spartan (Open platter - $12.50), which was the individual portion sans fries. I definitely missed out their fries, and the meat pile was noticeably smaller... Luckily, I'm a fast learner, and ordered the Battle of Troy on my second visit and got myself some of 'em fries.
Like Battle of Troy, but more like a sad skirmish. WHERE BE MY MEAT
Don't ever change, MiTM. But more seats would be nice. Okay, one change.  Meat in the Middle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment