Persian Flavours - Chik's Crib

19 November 2015

Persian Flavours

Ahh. Persian Flavours. You give my love for food a little more variety, you. There is a bit of a debate on Zomato about whether you lean more towards Persian or Afghanistan, but all that talk just makes you even more exotic. As long as you keep on firing up those charcoal grills of yours, anything goes.

I've been here before in the tail-end of 2014, but I've neglected to write about it. Well, I've came once again with a large group of friends this time, and we all left happy and deeply satisfied. It's kind of a surprise to me too - seeing some my friends have wildly contrasting opinions on what constitutes a good meal - but everybody left as happy as I did. 


I had the mango dough ($4), a delightful yogurt-based drink with a tinge of spice. Highly recommended. The original dough is a lot more tangy, but according from a friend, tasted authentic.


Our hands-down favourite dish was the Charcoal Chicken (whole-$16.80). The charcoal grill imparted a smoky scent to the meat, and the marinade was superb. It was deeply flavourful and I scrambled for the last few pieces.
Another favourite? The Lamb Tikkah ($15.80) from the same grill. 
If you're unsure what to order, you could also give the Mixed Kebab ($19.80) a go, like we did. It comes with the chicken kebab, lamb tikkah and lamb koobideh. Bonus points for the grilled tomato. 
Because all curry dishes look similar, I wasn't sure if there is much point to photographing every dish. True enough, my curry photos look almost indistinguishable from one another. But I gave it my best.

One of my favourite dishes on my recent trip is the Lamb Korma Curry (S-$10.50, L-$14.50), which has a pleasant aroma. The sweetness of the curry is present but not overly-pronounced, and I enjoyed the increased level of spice to it. 
On a previous trip, N and I had the Butter Chicken Curry (S-$10.50, L-$14.50), which we loved. This time around, the sweetness level was much more pronounced and overshadowed the other tastes. It was still decent, but we much preferred the version we had from our first visit.  


The Chicken Tikka Curry ($15.90) also had the same sweetness issue this time around. 
The Garlic Nan ($2.50/pc) was decent, though I remembered it was crispier the first time around. But we still finished every last bit of it. 
Also good was the Zereshk Polow ($6.50), which was rice with pomogrenates. 

The Verdict:
Fantastic food overall. Could get a little crowded during dinner hours, so be prepared to cool your heels a little. 


Must-Try:
Charcoal Chicken
Lamb Tikkah
Lamb Korma Curry

Click to add a blog post for Persian Flavours Takeaway & Eat In on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment