Bornga (The Star Vista) - Chik's Crib

30 March 2016

Bornga (The Star Vista)

I'm not sure whether my appetite is much smaller than the average person, because Miss XS and I shared an Executive Set from Bornga ($39.90, available Mon-Fri excl. P.H., 11.30am-3pm) and we couldn't even finish the meal. 

One reason was the abundance of side dishes that they served. I never seen a table piled with so much side dishes before, and we only managed to fit in a couple of bites from each side dish. They were missing a sweet potato side dish that I loved, but the individual cold kimchi soup was surprisingly refreshing and pleasant. 


We had the Mansinchang SamGyupSal (pork strips), which they cooked for us. It's just as well, for people (like me!) whose impatience outweighs common sense. 

The cooked meat is dipped in bean sauce and wrapped in a selection of different vegetables. And there is plenty to choose from, with the tray stretching across the length of the table.
 Miss XS opted for the Sundubu jjigae (spicy soft tofu soup). The flavour was a little lacking, with none of the scope of flavours that I was expecting. 
The Verdict
With such generous portions, the Executive Set can comfortably feed two people. We like the helpful placemats that teach you how to enjoy BBQ the Korean way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment