Huff Bagelry - Chik's Crib

09 January 2015

Huff Bagelry

A few stores down from Mrs Kim's Grill is Huff Bagelry. It's one of my favourite brunch places in Melbourne, and I can't wait to go back and get re-acquainted with it soon



The last time we went, I ordered a mocha. I couldn't remember much about it, which naturally means the coffee was good. (In Melbourne, the coffee standard is generally excellent, and the ones that stand out in my memories are either really exceptional, or those really horrigible terrigible ones). My friends ordered a Matcha Latte, which they loved. 

Summer Brekky ($8.50) is my favourite bagel order, with the heavenly pairing of ham, cheese, hollaindaise sauce and avocado. I didn't even like hollaindaise sauce before this. (I even had to look up how to spell it. Twice. Give me an medal y'all.)




Autumn Brekky ($9) is another order that we love, and I had it a couple of times before (usually because I mixed it up with Summer Brekky). It's delicious in its own right.   


Green Tea Latte, left
And can we stop for a minute to talk about how gorgeous poppy seed bagels are? Cause they are. I don't know why they're not available in Singapore, because I could just eat them all day. Do you know that eating a dozen poppy seed bagels can get you high? True story. Although, as delicious as the bagels are, I don't think I can eat a dozen in one sitting.

On another trip, I had a bite of my friend's #10 Tuna Pattie, cheese, yellow pickles and rocket ($8.50), and it was pretty decent, if a little unremarkable. 


  
I usually also order a couple of bagels to go (poppy seeds of course) - $1. Their Cinnamon and Raisin ($1) also piqued my interest. I tried their Blueberry Bagel ($1) but I couldn't taste any blueberries. 

Must-Try:
Summer Brekky with Poppy Seed Bagel

The menu can be found here and here on Urbanspoon 

Huff Bagelry on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment