Llao llao - Chik's Crib

26 January 2015

Llao llao

Could it be? I don't usually fangirl over ice cream places. The frozen yogurt chains in Singapore all sound the same to me, such is my indifference. But I'm really excited about llao llao (pronounced yao-yao), a frozen yogurt store that hails from Spain. Maybe it's the hype getting to me, but it is indeed, one of the most impressive frozen yogurt I have ever had. When I walked out of NUH clutching a cup of frozen yogurt with its tell-tale green, oversized spoon (they have a few branches, mostly around the west and central Singapore), a girl grabbed her friend's arm and exclaimed excitedly "llao llao!" And that's when I knew llao llao has arrived. 

It also happened to be my 3rd trip in four days. But hey, who's counting?




You order from Llao llao just like how you'll order from Subway. The Sanum ($6.50) lets you have a choice of a biscuit base, 3 fruits, and a topping. 

My favourite Sanum combination is mangostrawberries and blueberries with a Raffallao topping. The Raffallao topping tastes like pure white chocolate with mixed-in coconut flakes... In fact, it tastes like the Ferrero Rocher's Raffaello line in liquid form. 

Another topping I go full-on gaga for is the dark chocolate one, which tastes like the original ferrero rocher. They have a number of Crunchy (Base) choices, and Miss XS's favourite is a chocolate-granola-ish one. I like their Caramelised Cookies (Speculoos cookies). 

Depending on their location, there may be more or less options to choose from. The branch at NUH is quite small, and never has the Raffallao topping that I have grown to love. For a complete list of llao llao branches, check this page

No comments:

Post a Comment